With Tax Day 2017 being only a month away, there’s not a lot of time left for people to file their latest tax returns with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Regardless of whether you’re filing your taxes yourself or are paying someone to do it for you, there are plenty of Android apps on the Google Play Store that can help keep you informed about the entire process and assist you in other tax-related endeavors. Below you’ll find a list of some of the most useful Android tax apps that are currently available for download.
Available: Best Tax Filing App for Android
TurboTax is the name that most U.S. consumers have probably heard of as this brand happens to denote the most popular tax preparation software in the country. While the TurboTax Tax Return App isn’t as robust as its desktop counterpart, it’s still a convenient way to get your taxes done on the go. Simply take a photo of your W-2 form, answer a few questions, and you’re good to go.
- Live on-screen video help with SmartLook™. Connect with a live TurboTax expert and watch as they guide you by drawing on your screen to get you the answers you need to file with confidence.
- Step-by-step guidance – answer simple questions and we’ll double check as you go to help make sure there are no mistakes
- W-2 import – just snap a photo of your W-2 and we’ll automatically fill in the right tax forms
- Touch ID and PIN. Get secure access on any device - seamlessly switch between your phone, tablet and computer and pick up right where you left off
- Understand the “whys” behind your refund, in a tap with ExplainWhy™.
- Coverage for any tax situation with our full product lineup: Federal Free Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed
- Searches 350+ tax deductions and credits to maximize your refund (available in Deluxe, Premier and Self-Employed)
- Fastest refund possible with efile and direct deposit
- Start for free-pay only when you file your tax return* or pay for TurboTax using your federal tax refund (online offer only, fees apply)